Monday, October 4, 2010

Where is the Scholar?

As an introduction and explanation to my new blog, I will quite simply point you to 1 Corinthians 1:18-25. Then I will answer the question posed as the title to this post. The scholar is here at MIT, and at other universities around the world. But especially here, at MIT, is the cross of Christ deemed especially foolish by those who don't know Him. Here, we are at the pinnacle of human achievement in science and technology, and we don't need anyone but ourselves to help us to go forward and achieve that immortality that we all long for.

But for those of us who follow Christ, we should not be deceived. Though we may be considered "wise" by the standards of this age (1 Cor 3:18), we must remember that Christ is the true wisdom and power of God, and that all else is foolishness. So what I say here may be deemed foolishness to the world - and in truth, it may just be foolishness period - but I will seek to honor God and His wisdom as it is found in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment