Friday, October 8, 2010

Worship Marathon

So after last year's debut of the MIT worship team at the Fall Retreat, we were asked to coordinate worship for this year's retreat. After it sort of got tossed around for a few weeks, I volunteered to lead the effort in coordinating. Let me just say Wow. We're leaving for the retreat tonight, and I can't remember the last time I felt so tired.

At the retreat we'll be leading worship for a grad total of 90 - 100 minutes. That's practically a full-on concert. And since we're incorporating band members from BU and Harvard as well, it's not like there are a whole lot of songs that everyone's already familiar with. So last night we had a marathon worship session from 8 pm to 12:30 am. Let's just say it was intense. But it was really fun and good. I'm glad that we have a lot of really talented musicians who know what they're doing, and people are starting to get the hang of playing together.

I don't know if this retreat will be quite as restful as I was hoping, but I am expecting God to meet me there, and I know that He can provide all the rest I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment